A partial list of those who have died around president


The following is a partial list of people with connections to the Clintons who have died under suspicious circumstances.

Rest in Peace



James McDougal
Died March 8, 1998

Jim McDougal was serving his three-year sentence for bank fraud at the Fort Worth Federal Medical Center in Texas, a facility operated by the federal Bureau of Prisons for inmates who need medical attention.

Just prior to another round of testimony before Kenneth Starr's grand jury, McDougal, while in solitary confinement, suffered a heart attack that may have been brought on by diuretics forced on him. When Jim McDougal was finally taken out of solitary, instead of attempting to defibrillate his heart with equipment on hand at the facility, he was driven over to John Peter Smith Hospital. Not the closest hospital to the Fort Worth Federal Medical Center, John Peter Smith hospital is a public hospital, where (in the words of one local) ,"They let interns practice on deadbeats."

The single most damning fact to come out of the McDougal death was his injection with Lasix, a diuretic, to force his giving of a urine sample for drug testing, even though McDougal was not a known drug user. Lasix is contra-indicated in cases of heart disease and can cause excessive diuresis, blood volume reduction, circulatory collapse and vascular thrombosis or blood clots. If a matching potassium supplement is not administered at the same time, Lasix can kill.

McDougal may have been taking the heart medication Digitalin, which cannot be combined with Lasix.

Several inmates had gone public with the claim that McDougal was given a heavy injection of Lasix right after he ate lunch, but the prison system has refused to allow those prisoners to be interviewed or to release McDougal's medical records.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently acquired the official report of the McDougal death via a Freedom Of Information Act request, and found that doctors ignored McDougal's signs of imminent death.

Ron Miller
Died Oct. 12, 1997

Ron Miller, investigated by authorities over the sale of his company, Gage Corp. to Dynamic Energy Resources, Inc. was the man who tape-recorded Gene and Nora Lum and turned those tapes (and other records) over to congressional oversight investigators. The Lums were sentenced to prison for campaign finance violations, using "straw donors" to conceal the size of their contributions to various candidates. Indeed, Dynamic Energy Resources, Inc. had hired Ron Brown's son Michael solely for the purpose of funneling $60,000 through him to the Commerce secretary, according to Nolanda Hill's testimony.

Reportedly a healthy man, Miller suddenly took ill on Oct. 3, and steadily worsened until his death nine days later. (This pattern fits Ricin poisoning.) Owing to the strangeness of the illness, doctors at the Integris Baptist Medical Center referred the matter to the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office.

The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office promptly ran tests on samples of Ron Miller's blood, but has refused to release the results or even to confirm that the tests were ever completed.

Mary Mahoney
White House intern
Died July 1997

An attractive 25-year-old woman, Mahoney was a former White House intern for Bill Clinton working as the assistant manager at a Starbuck's Coffee shop in Georgetown.

Gunmen entered the Starbuck's while the crew was cleaning up after closing. Mahoney's two associates, Aaron Goodrich, 18 and Emory Evans, 25, were taken to a room and shot. Mary herself had five bullets in her, from at least two different guns, most likely with silencers. A total of 10 shots were fired; none of them heard by neighbors in the densely populated Georgetown section. Mahoney was shot in the chest, her face, and in the back of the head. Even though more than $4,000 remained in the store, the police have categorized the triple murder as a robbery, even as they acknowledge the "execution style" killings.

There was no sign of forced entry. One report said the cafe was still locked when the bodies were found the next morning.

George Stephanopoulos, Monica Lewinsky and Chelsea Clinton were all regulars at the Starbuck's.




Vincent Foster
White House Counsel
Died July 21, 1993

Found dead in Fort Marcy Park in Virginia of a supposed suicide by gunshot. A suicide note was supposedly found a few days later, torn into 28 pieces, in his briefcase, after his office had been entered by White House staff and materials removed.

The gun which he supposedly used to kill himself was reported to be still in his hand, but the person who first found the body reports that there was no gun at that time. Many irregularities surround the death and the investigation of it.

Like Clinton, Foster was from Hope, Ark. He worked for the Rose Law firm with Hillary Clinton. London Telegraph reporter Ambrose Evans-Pritchard reports a member of the Foster family has confirmed to him that Foster and Mrs. Clinton were lovers. Foster had intimate knowledge of the Clintons' personal finances. Foster was involved in an investigation of their finances, and reportedly made a phone call to Hillary Clinton, in Los Angeles, just hours before his death.

Recently, the signed report of medical examiner Dr. Donald Haut was uncovered at the National Archives. It stated that Foster had a previously unreported gunshot wound to his neck.

Finally, an FBI memo has surfaced dated the day after the date of the official autopsy, in which the autopsist informs the FBI that there was no exit wound.

William Colby
Director of Central Intelligence (ret)
Died April 27, 1996

William Colby had been the DCI from 1973 to 1976 under Nixon and Ford.

At age 76, Colby had found a new career and had just started writing for Strategic Investment at the time of his death. This had worried many insiders in the intelligence community who felt that Colby had already divulged too many of the CIA's secrets in the preceding years. Indeed, his dismissal by Ford because of his over-cooperation with congressional investigations into CIA wrongdoing. It was Colby who had revealed to Congress the plans to kill Fidel Castro, the spying on American citizens (in direct violation of the CIA charter) and the conducting of biological tests by the CIA on unsuspecting citizens. He was replaced by George Bush.

According to the original CNN report, Colby was reported missing by neighbors who "recovered" his canoe, by one story from under the dock at Colby's house, by another report, a quarter mile downstream.

Colby was, by all reports, a methodical, tidy man, yet police found his home unlocked, his computer on, and a partly eaten dinner on the table. The official story is that Colby just put down his fork and decided to drop everything and go canoeing.

Colby at 76 was still a world-traveler and consultant to many corporations. He recently became an editor of an important financial newsletter, "Strategic Investment," which covered the Vince Foster "suicide" in detail. Its editors hired three renowned handwriting experts to investigate Foster's suicide note, which hadn't been found when his briefcase was first searched, but later materialized, torn into pieces, with no fingerprints on any of the pieces. Upon comparing this document with others of Foster's writings, these experts declared it was a forgery, and a not very good one at that.

Colby had old enemies as well as new, with plenty of motives for his extermination. He was in charge of the infamous Operation Phoenix during the Vietnam War, in which more than 20,000 South Vietnamese citizens -- supposedly Viet Cong sympathizers -- were rounded up, tortured and executed. In the 1970s he opened some of the secrets of the CIA to Congress: "Colby insisted on going public about the agency's role in tapping the telephones and opening the mail of Americans; plotting the assassination of Fidel Castro, and using human guinea pigs for mind-control experiments involving LSD," the Times reports.

On Monday, May 6, Colby's body was found just 20 yards from where his canoe had been recovered, in an area that had been thoroughly searched several times by helicopters and search teams.

Most notable about the body was the absence of a life jacket, which according to his wife, Colby always wore on the water.




Maj. Gen. William Robertson
Deputy Commanding General, V Corps, Europe
Died Feb. 23, 1993

Col William Densberger
V Corps Chief of Operations and Plans
Died Feb. 23, 1993

Col. Robert Kelly
V Corps Chief of Intelligence
Died Feb. 23, 1993

Spec. Gary Rhodes
Crew Chief
Died Feb. 23, 1993

All were killed when their Army UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed in Weisbaden, Germany. No cause was ever determined. V Corps figured prominently in the US Bosnia-Serbia peacekeeping operations, along with the carrier Roosevelt. These men, and eight others associated with Clinton's visit to the Roosevelt all died within four months of each other.

Steve Willis
Clinton bodyguard
Died Feb. 28, 1993

Robert Williams
Clinton bodyguard
Died Feb. 28, 1993

Conway LeBleu
Clinton bodyguard
Died Feb. 28, 1993

Todd McKeehan
Clinton bodyguard
Died Feb. 28, 1993

Killed by gunfire in the Waco, Texas, assault on the Branch Davidians. All four were examined by a "private doctor" and died from nearly identical wounds to the left temple, so-called execution style. In his address to employees of the Treasury Department in the Cash Room on March 18, 1993, Clinton said: "My prayers and I'm sure yours are still with the families of all four of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents who were killed in Waco -- Todd McKeehan and Conway Le Bleu of New Orleans; Steve Willis of Houston, and Robert Williams from my hometown of Little Rock. Three of those four were assigned to my security during the course of the primary or general election." However, the Little Rock, Arkansas, office of the ATF confirmed that all four had at one point been bodyguards for Bill Clinton, three while he was campaigning for president, and one while he had been governor of Arkansas. In the autopsies of these agents, three had virtually identical wounds to the left temple that exited through the rear of the head, execution-style. All four were treated by a "private physician."

Alan G. Whicher
Died April 19, 1995

Oversaw Clinton's Secret Service detail. In October 1994, Whicher was transferred to the Secret Service field office in the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. Whicher was the only agent killed in the bomb blast of April 19, 1995.

Five Navy aviators
Clinton bodyguards/escorts
(names not determined)
Died March 26, 1993

All died in the crash of an E-2C Hawkeye in Italy. The crash occurred shortly after the plane was "waved off" from a landing attempt on the Carrier Roosevelt, due to a "foul deck." All five men had been Clinton's escorts during Clinton's visit to the Roosevelt two weeks prior. Three other men, who had flown Clinton to the Roosevelt for that visit also died later in a helicopter crash.

Staff Sgt. Brian Haney
Clinton bodyguard
Died May 19, 1993

Marine Sgt. Tim Sabel
Clinton bodyguard
Died May 19, 1993

Maj. William Barkley
Clinton bodyguard
Died May 19, 1993

Capt. Scott Reynolds
Clinton bodyguard
Died May 19, 1993

All four men died when their helicopter crashed in the woods near Quantico, Va. Reporters were barred from the site, and the head of the fire department responding to the crash described it by saying, "Security was tight," with "lots of Marines with guns." A videotape made by a firefighter was seized by the Marines. All four men had escorted Clinton on his flight to the carrier Roosevelt shortly before their deaths.

Unknown SS agent

Killed when the C-130 carrying the presidential limos crashed near Jackson Hole, Wyoming.




C. Victor Raiser II
National Finance Co-Chairman, Clinton for President Campaign
Died July 30, 1992

Montgomery Raiser
Son of C. Victor Raiser II
Died July 30, 1992

Both men died in a private plane crash in Alaska, en route to a fishing expedition. No cause was ever determined. Five others not connected to Clinton died with them. DeeDee Meyers described Raiser as a "major player" in the Clinton organization. Victor raiser was also chairman of Mobile Telecomm Technologies Corp., whose subsidiary, SkyTel Corp. is an international paging company used by federal police agencies such as the FBI.

Victor Raiser was a Washington lawyer and he was counsel to the Washington law firm of Jones Day Reavis & Pogue until 1991. At his death, he was the national finance co-chairman of the Clinton for President campaign. He and his wife had been friends of the Clintons for ten years. He was the past national finance chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He served on the boards of the Democratic Business Council and the Center for National Policy and the board of advisers of the Democratic Leadership Council.

On May 29, 1993, President Clinton announced that he had selected Raiser's widow, Molly Raiser, 50, former Democratic co-chair of the Women's Campaign Fund, to be his protocol chief and stated that he planned to nominate her for confirmation as an ambassador.

Paul Tully
Democratic National Committee Political Director
Died Sept. 24, 1992

Found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock Arkansas of "unknown causes." No autopsy allowed. Described by Clinton as a "dear friend and trusted advisor. Tully authored several key strategies for Clinton and the party. Paul Tully, 48, Democratic National Committee political director and architect of a strategy to make the party competitive again in presidential elections, was found dead in his hotel room on September 24, 1992, in Little Rock, Arkansas of unknown causes. Authorities speculated his death was from a heart attack or stroke.

Tully devised a strategy of targeting states based on their value in the Electoral College, and coordinating the presidential campaign with state and congressional races.

Ed Willey
Real Estate Attorney, Clinton Fund Raiser
Died Nov. 30, 1993

Died of a shotgun blast to the head. Body found in deep woods in Virginia. Ruled a suicide, no note was found. Died on the same day his wife was allegedly sexually accosted in the White House by Bill Clinton. Intimately involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

Hershell Friday
Attorney and Clinton fund raiser.
Died March 1, 1994

Killed when his plane exploded. Cause unknown.

Larry Lawrence
Ambassador to Switzerland nominee.

Larry Lawrence was a fundraiser, made famous by his burial at Arlington which revealed not only the special treatment given him but the depths of his legal troubles prior to his being nominated as ambassador to Switzerland. Less well known is that at the time of his death, allegedly from a heart attack, Larry Lawrence had just come under criminal investigation by the State Department and had (as had Ron Brown) indicated a willingness to cooperate.




Luther Parks
Head of Clinton's security team in Little Rock.
Died Sept. 26, 1993

Gunned down in his car at the intersection of Chanaul Parkway and Cantrell Road, near Jacksonville, Arkansas, (near Little Rock). Parks was shot through the rear window of his car. The assailant then pulled around to the driver's side of Park's car and shot him three more times with a 9mm pistol.

His family reported that shortly before his death, they were being followed by unknown persons, and their home had been broken into (despite a top quality alarm system). Parks had been compiling a dossier on Clinton's illicit activities. The dossier was stolen.

When news of the discovery of Vincent Foster's body was reported, Parks is reported to have said, "Bill Clinton is cleaning house."

Bill Shelton
Arkansas state trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson
Died June 1994

He allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head at the grave site of his fiancee. Officer Shelton was the fiancee of Kathy Ferguson, who was the ex-wife of Trooper Danny Ferguson. Kathy Ferguson also committed "suicide" a month earlier by allegedly shooting herself in the back of the head. Oddly, next to the body were her packed bags, as if she was expecting to be going somewhere. Danny Ferguson is a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in Paula Corbin Jones' sexual harassment suit. His ex-wife was reported as a corroborating witness for Ms. Jones.

Kathy Ferguson
Ex-wife of Trooper Danny Ferguson
Died May 1994

Died of a supposed gunshot suicide in her living room. There was a suicide note found by the body. However, friends were surprised at having noticed nothing wrong previously. And even more curious, found nearby were several packed suitcases, as if she expected she was going somewhere. She was the former wife of Trooper Danny Ferguson, who is the Arkansas state trooper alleged to have escorted Paula Corbin Jones to the hotel room for her alleged episode of sexual harassment by then-Governor Clinton. Ferguson's wife was reported as a possible corroborating witness for Jones.

Gandy Baugh
Died Jan. 8, 1994

Attorney representing Dan Lasater in a case concerning alleged financial misconduct. Died in an alleged suicide by jumping out of a window of a multi-story building. Lasater was a close associate of Gov. Clinton, and was convicted of cocaine distribution. Baugh's law partner was also "committed suicide" one month later on Feb. 9, 1994.

Dr. Ronald Rogers
Dentist from Arkansas

Killed in plane crash as he was on his way to an interview with a London Sunday Telegraph reporter to reveal information about Clinton scandals.

Stanley Huggins
Partner in Memphis law firm

Investigating Madison Guaranty Savings & Loan, he was reported to have succumbed to viral pneumonia. His 300-page report has never been released.

Calvin Walraven

A key witness in Joycelyn Elder's son's drug case. Ten days after Elder's son was convicted of trafficking in cocaine, Walraven was found dead in his apartment with a gunshot blast to the head. Tim Hover, a Little Rock police spokesman, said no foul play is suspected.

Neil Moody
Died Aug. 25, 1996

Following Vincent Foster's murder, Lisa Foster married James Moody, a judge in Arkansas, on Jan 1, 1996. Near the time Susan McDougal first went to jail for contempt, Judge Moody's son, Neil, died in a car crash. There were other reports that Neil Moody had discovered something very unsettling among his stepmother's private papers and was threatening to go public with it just prior to the beginning of the Democratic National Convention. Witnesses said they saw Neil Moody sitting in his car arguing with another person. Then his car sped off and hit a brick wall.

Johnny Franklin Lawhon
Died March 29, 1998

In the spring of 1997, a tornado ripped through some junked cars at Johnny's Transmission shop and opened up the trunk of a car that proved to have a box of Whitewater records in it, including a copy of a $27,000 cashier's check drawn on Madison and payable to Bill Clinton. Lawhon realized what he was looking at and turned the box of documents over to the FBI.

According to police, Lawhon and a friend hit a telephone pole at a high rate of speed after their car had become airborne and left the road. They had driven less than a quarter mile at the time of the impact.

Eric Butera

An informant who came forward offering information regarding the murder of White House intern Mary Mahoney. He was then sent into a known crack house to make an undercover buy for the police and was beaten to death.




Suzanne Coleman

Had affair with Clinton when he was attorney general. Died of "suicide" with gunshot wound to the back of her head. No autopsy allowed. Was seven months pregnant at time of her death. She had told friends it was Bill Clinton's child.

Paula Grober
Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf.
Died Dec. 9, 1992

Died in a one-car accident with no known witnesses. Her body was thrown 33 feet from the car, indicating a very high speed. A very attractive woman, Paula traveled extensively with Clinton from 1978 until her death. Clinton, through a spokesman, called Gober's death "a great personal loss." He also said, "Hillary and I extend our sincere sympathy to Paula's family. I had the privilege of working with her over many years."

Judy Gibbs
Penthouse model and call girl

Judy Gibbs, who appeared in the December 1979 issue of Penthouse, and her sister Sharon were part of a house of prostitution in Fordyce, Arkansas, that also engaged in blackmail of its more powerful clients. Linked to Bill Clinton by both her own family and by one of Bill's bodyguards, Judy had just decided to cooperate with police in an investigation of Arkansas cocaine trafficking when she burned to death inside her home from a fire of undetermined origin.




Paul Wilcher
Washington attorney investigating gun running out of Mena, Arkansas.
Died June 22, 1993

Found dead on a toilet in his Washington apartment. No cause of death was ever reported by the coroner.

At the time of his death, he was investigating connections between the "October Surprise" during the 1980 federal election campaign and drug and gun-running out of Mena, Arkansas, as well as the assault on the Waco, Texas, Branch Davidians. Was planning on producing a television documentary on his findings. He had delivered a 105-page affidavit to Janet Reno detailing the evidence he had collected regarding the drug operation at Mena, just three weeks before his death.

Jon Parnell Walker
Resolution Trust Commission investigator
Mysteriously fell to his death from an apartment balcony.




Ron Brown
Former Chairman, DNC; Commerce Secretary
Died May 3, 1996.

Ron Brown died along with 39 other people when the T-43 (a converted 737 used by the Air Force) carrying the group on a trip to Bosnia crashed while approaching the Dubrovnik airport. On the verge of being indicted and having stated his willingness to make a deal with prosecutors, Ron Brown's death brought to an end his ability to testify.

Military investigators concealed from the public the fact that a perfectly cylindrical hole, the size of a .45-caliber round, was found in the top of his head. No autopsy was performed.

Barbara Wise
Commerce Department staffer
Died Nov. 29, 1996

As the scandals continued to swirl around the Commerce Department, and most of all about John Huang, one of Huang's associates, Barbara Wise, was found dead in her locked office at the Department of Commerce, partially nude and covered with bruises. No cause of death has ever been announced.

Charles Meissner
Assistant Secretary of Commerce for International Economic Policy.

Following Ron Brown's death, John Huang was placed on a Commerce Department contract that allowed him to retain his security clearance by Charles Meissner. Shortly thereafter, Charles Meissner died in the crash of a small plane.




Kevin Ives & Don Henry

Initial cause of death was reported to be the result of falling asleep on railroad tracks in Arkansas on Aug. 23, 1987. This ruling was reported by the state medical examiner Fahmy Malak, appointed at the pleasure of Gov. Bill Clinton. Later it was determined that Kevin died from a crushed skull prior to being placed on the tracks. Don had been stabbed in the back. Rumors indicate that they might have stumbled upon part of the Mena drug operation.

Keith Coney

Keith had information on the Ives/Henry deaths. Died in a motorcycle accident in July 1988 while being chased by a car. Ruled a traffic accident.

Keith McKaskle

McKaskle had information on the Ives/Henry deaths. He was stabbed to death in November 1988. He had told his family someone was out to kill him and told them "goodbye."

Gregory Collins

Greg had information on the Ives/Henry deaths. He died from a gunshot blast to the face in January 1989. Declared a suicide.

Paul Olson

A federal witness in investigations to drug money corruption in Chicago politics, Paul had just finished two days of FBI interviews when his plane ride home crashed, killing Paul and 130 others on Sept 8, 1994. The Sept. 15, 1994, Tempe Tribune newspaper reported that the FBI suspected that a bomb had brought down the airplane.

Jeff Rhodes

He had information on the deaths of Ives, Henry & McKaskle. His burned body was found in a trash dump in April 1989. He died of a gunshot wound to the head and there was some body mutilation, specifically that his hands and feet had been partially sawed off, leading to the speculation that he was tortured prior to being killed. The body was then burned.

James Milan

Milam had information on the Ives & Henry deaths. He was decapitated. The state Medical examiner, Fahmy Malak, initially ruled death due to natural causes, claiming that the victim's small dog had eaten the head, which was later recovered from a trash bin several blocks away.

Richard Winters

Winters was a suspect in the deaths of Ives & Henry, and had offered to cooperate. He was killed by a shotgun blast to the face during a "robbery" in July 1989.

Dan Harmon, the prosecutor to whom Winters reportedly made the offer, has been accused of involvement in the Kevin/Ives deaths and is now in jail for running his office as a racket.

Jordan Kettleson

Kettleson had information on the Ives & Henry deaths. He was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup in June 1990.



Politics & Voting Return                                           Top Return
Politics & Voting Return                               Top Return