Married in Heaven ?
- On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple was involved in
a fatal car accident. The couple found themselves sitting outside the
Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven.
- While waiting they began to wonder; could they possibly get married
- When St. Peter arrived they asked him if they could get married in
Heaven. St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first
time anyone has asked. Let me go find out and he left.
- The couple sat and waited for an answer.... For a couple of months.
- While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were
allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what
with the eternal aspect of it all? "What if it doesn't work? Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?"
- Another month passed. St. Peter finally returned, looking
somewhat bedraggled. "Yes," he informed the couple,
"You can get married in Heaven." "Great!" said
the couple. "But we were just wondering; what if things don't
work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
- St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the
ground. "What's wrong?" asked the frightened
couple. "OH, COME ON!" St. Peter shouted. "It took
me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long
it'll take to find a lawyer?"